Hax Planx

Guess who says...

You'll find a ton of other similarly dangerous solvents to do the same
job. However, I'd recommend alcohol as being the lesser of all evils
[when used externally :-) ]. Volatile naphtha is positively
definitely out in my book.

Unfortunately, nothing compares to naphtha for cleaning up grease and
oil and just because you can't see any doesn't mean it isn't there.
Alcohol doesn't put a dent in it, nor does acetone. For a graphic
illustration of this, try cleaning something greasy or oily in each. It
is a fire hazard, but not as much so as gasoline, which we use regularly
in much greater volumes and even more dangerous circumstances. Filling
up your car is an accident waiting to happen. You have a large volume
of extremely volatile and extremely flammable fuel with an enclosed
space above it containing a mixture of the volatile fumes and air. One
spark and the fireworks begin. Yes there is some danger if it is
handled carelessly, but as woodworkers we handle volatile flammable
materials all the time, so I assumed everyone was with the program of
not setting their work area on fire.