Tim Lamb

In message .com,
writes
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Tim Lamb writes:
Hmm.. It sounds as though it needs a rail across the back, underneath,
to carry most of the weight and then a second rail to span the studs for
the top fixing.

That gives me an idea. You could use a piece of 35x50mm timber
across the back, fixed to the mounting brackets on the inside,
so it doesn't protrude behind the cupboard. Screw through this
to the studs.

that seems the one logical anwer to me, though I dont know that you'd
need to use the supplied fixings for it. Simply a wood rail under the
top internally, full width, one under the bottom, and if the wall's
iffy even a third under the middle shelf.

Seen it done this way with very heavy loading, onto a solid wall, and
no prob. The wood strips support the load bearing shelves directly,
helping keep them straight over time.

Right. I think I am going to have to eyeball the job before deciding but
it is very helpful to have some alternative strategies.

I'm told that it is a pair of cupboards separated by a plate rack.

regards

NT

--
Tim Lamb