Jim Adney

On Sat, 28 May 2005 07:15:59 GMT "James Sweet"
wrote:

You're probably better off with a heat gun so you can localize it, if you
just put it in the oven the parts will fall off the bottom.

I've done things like this a few times, and the technique that I found
that seemed to work best was to position the board just above (1-2") a
hot plate, and set the hot plate to just below the solder melting
point. Then I could go into the board with a heat gun or soldering
iron, depending on the task, and apply the small amount of additional
local heat that the job required.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA