Hax Planx

Lynette Truitt says...

The dog factor led me to install a Pergo laminate floor a few years ago.

Am I the only person who thinks dog ownership is a really bad idea for
most people? I like dogs as much as the next guy, maybe even more than
most people who actually own them, but I just don't see owning one is
rational in the 21st century. The same goes for cats for the most part,
although some of them serve a purpose in keeping rodent populations at
bay, although the cure is arguably as bad as the disease. The problems
I have went through because of dogs is just too many to list, but here's
a sampler: getting bitten riding my bike on a public street. The fear
of being attacked just by walking, jogging or biking down any street.
Constant barking from every direction day and night. Yep, my next door
neighbors have six dogs between the three houses. Two of them are rabid
Rottweiler looking things that just go ape**** every second I'm in my
backyard. Fortunately it's just a strip behind the garage and there
isn't much reason to go out there except to mow the grass or take out
the trash. Incalculable property damage done. Whole houses full of
carpet destroyed, furniture, grass, window sills, siding all destroyed
by dogs. Men, women and especially small children maimed and killed by
dogs. I know of a few tragic cases just in my circle of acquaintances
over the years and seeing some of the dogs people kept, I'm actually
surprised there weren't more. I know most people aren't going to agree
with me, but it really doesn't make much sense. Most of us don't have
any sheep to herd or fox to hunt, so what's the point?