Bruce Ferguson

If you don't like the initial set up I guess from looking at the pictures
put a car floor jack under one end jack it up and make the adjustments,
lower it and do the other end. I have a jet 1236 and that is how I adjust
the blocks under the legs.

Bruce
"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
Derek Andrews wrote:

This of course requires that the tailstock be removed, and they have an
$800 solution for this! For me, $800 would buy an awful lot of tailstock
wrassling, or maybe I would build a simple wooden trolley that would
mate up with the ways, allowing the tailstock to be slid off and rolled
away.

Seems to me that the upper weight of the wood you could turn on this would
be a lot more than the weight of the tailstock. If you can get the blank
on
the lathe, you can probably remove the tailstock.

Speaking of wrassling, how do you adjust the legs if you don't like the
initial setup?