DeepDiver

"Keith Marshall" wrote in message
.. .

The helmet you can buy for around $50 if you catch them on sale at HF.
This one seems to be the most widely recommended:

and it just happens to be on sale for $50 right now. :-)

Harbor Freight sells a couple of similar auto-dark helmets. The other one is
this:

It's also on sale for $50. I tried both in the store and they both seemed to
have the same features and specs, but I choose the second one. I can't
really remember why I like it better. I was a bit skeptical of these
low-cost Chinese helmets, but mine works fine. Having an auto-dark is a heck
of a lot better than using traditional flip-down helmets.

Don't forget you'll also need some leather welding gloves. And SteveB had a
good recommendation about the ear plugs.

- Michael