MUADIBŪ

Yeah, it has adjustable torque settings, 1-22 (then the locked setting).
Could I do what you describe, about tightening down in a bench vice, but use
the 3/8 hex key in place of the steel stock? I don't have any of that
laying around. Will I be able to tell distinctly if he chuck becomes
loosened?

Yes, to both Questions. Whatever you have that can be used to Simulate
a drill bit, that can be clamped in the vise will be sufficient, and
yes, it will be very distinct when the chuck turns loose, as the drill
will speed up to normal after it comes undone. If you have the screw
that holds the chuck removed , you can install the screw till it's
almost in and apply heat to it using a pencil type soldering iron,
then remove the screw ( avoiding being burned by the hot screw) and
then do the Vise thing. Sometimes I have found some Heat realease type
of Loc-Tite on the threads after removing a stubborn chuck. this will
loosen any if it exists.

Once again, Good luck.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIBŪ