Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 29 May 2005 16:14:52 +0100, Jason Arthurs wrote:

Out of interest, what software is available that will log from a
UPS? I have an APC SU1400 which has a serial port on the rear, but
since the machines it runs are a mix of Linux and proprietary
systems PowerChute was never an option.

Sorry, I run OS/2... likewise never got on with PowerChute/2.

UPSd or NUT have already been mentioned I've not played with either of
those.

I've got an old laptop I can run for logging purposes if need be.

I don't think the protocol is complicated. Send it a single character
get a value back sort of thing (maybe..). But surely you already have
the UPS hooked up to a box so that it can shut things down cleanly
when the power goes or before the batteries give out.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail