Lewis

Hi again, sorry I've been away so long, the doming idea sounds about right
because when it displays dark colours it fades away again. I now remember
turning the contrast up hugely and brightness up a bit for Halo 2 as it was
very dark. I'll try putting it down a bit. Thanks for all the answers.

"James Sweet" wrote in message

"Lewis" wrote in message
I have a Goodmans 19" (I think) CRT TV which is used mainly for gaming
(Xbox). If very light colours are displayed on it for much more that a
minute, the purity will start to degrade. Let's say a racing game is

being
played, the car takes up most of the screen, and is light silver. After
about a minute, the right of the car will be pink and the left will be
green. This would suggest that it's magnetised by some external source

but
a similar thing happens to the 21" downstairs, but less extensively. It

is
not all that noticeable on most games/programmes but I have just bought

game that has almost entirely white menus and within a minute the menu

is
half red half green. As soon as darker colours are displayed, the
distortion goes away. Also, if a very still image is displayed for a

while,
the same thing happens, even with darker colours. Switching off,

degaussing
and getting the image moving again all make it fade away, but only
temporally.
Any ideas?

Sounds like the shadow mask is doming, try turning down the contrast.