David

I NEVER use tack cloths any longer. A good shop vac with a round brush
attachment (I wrap tape around the brush to stiffen them) is what I use.
Sometimes I also blow out the pores with a heavy blast of compressed
air (with the doors open with cross ventilation so the dust goes
bye-bye), followed by the aforementioned vacuum treatment. I use fast
drying finishes and have no trouble with dust. Cloths can leave bits of
lint. Tack cloths can mess up your finish.

Dave

Stacey wrote:

I have a project that I have just finished sanding. What is the best way to
remove the sawdust before finishing it? I seem to remeber reading something
recently to stay away from tack cloths as they leave a residue?

Thanks.

Stacey