DeepDiver

"RoyJ" wrote in message
nk.net...
Regular A500 square tubing is not uniform enough to get a good fit
plus there is usually a miserable weld seam. Also, A500 is likely
to be a much rougher surface finish, ask for A513 mechanical grade.

Actually, I was looking at A513. My mistake for writing A500-series.

Can you tell me the difference between A513 and A36 tubing?

Will 2" x 2" x 3/16" A36 (outer) work with 1.5" x 1.5" A36 (inner) tubing?

Choice one is to get the material that is made to telescope
toghether. Telespar is the usual brand name to specify.

That's what I've been searching for. Unfortunately, it seems that the
small-batch metal suppliers (like OnlineMetals.com and MetalsDepot.com)
don't seem to carry this stuff. I'm sure someone does, just haven't been
able to find a supplier yet.

If anyone knows of a local supplier in the San Francisco Bay Area, please
let me know.

Thanks,
Michael