dwbauer

That worked great!
Thanks, so very Much; Don
"John Fields" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 May 2005 10:19:32 -0400, "dwbauer"
wrote:

I am attempting to replace a bad transformer in a 12v battery charger. I
went to Radioshack and purchased a 12v transformer and a 4 amp full wave
bridge, but I don't know how to connect it. The transformer is center
tapped
Primary is 120v Secondary is - 6.3 - 0 - 6.3, 3a the bridge is marked +
AC -
with four leads (|=leads)
e.g. | + | | AC | - |
I have three leads from the transformer, two yellow and a black center.
What
do I do with the transformer three and four on the bridge?

---
Connect the yellow wires to the AC terminals of the bridge and either
cut off the center tap or cut off the exposed conductor and tape the
wire back out of the way so it won't touch anything that gets hot.
Connect the + terminal of the bridge to whatever was connected to the
+ terminal of the old bridge and connect the - terminal of the bridge
to whatever was connected to the - terminal of the old bridge.

I don't know what you mean by:
"What do I do with the transformer three and four on the bridge?".

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer