Jason Arthurs

On Sun, 29 May 2005 12:05:29 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sun, 29 May 2005 10:11:41 +0100, Jason Arthurs wrote:

Our domestic voltage varies between 240-250v, but usually hovers
around 248v (as the over voltage alarm on my UPS often complains).

Thats getting close, start logging the voltage as recorded by your
UPS, say at 5min intervals. Collect a week or so, hopefully with the
brownouts and cuts as well, remember as well as a max there is min
(230 -6% or 216v)... Plot them out as a graph with suitable scales to
show the problems.

Then make a complaint, when the board come round to measure or perhaps
to fit one of their logging meters show them the UPS log plots. It's a
bit odd that the failures are in the wee small hours.

Out of interest, what software is available that will log from a UPS?
I have an APC SU1400 which has a serial port on the rear, but since
the machines it runs are a mix of Linux and proprietary systems
PowerChute was never an option.

I've got an old laptop I can run for logging purposes if need be.

Regards,
Jason.
---
Replace nntp with my name to reply.
N0 5pAm H3r3: Include this tagline to pass my spam filter.