Pete C

Default Questions about Under Sink Heaters

On 6 May 2004 14:18:31 -0700, (Rob Graham)
wrote:

Thanks Pete - that's quite useful. Ref. the pressure release valve -
does that avoid the use of an expansion vessel if there is inadequate
run to the hot tap. Althought there is a long run from my HW tank,
the mains feed runs passed the kitchen sink, so I was thinking if
fitting the heater quite close by. It seems that such an expansion
vessel is required if the pipe length to the tap is short (that at
least is what the Sadia web page says - see the link in an earlier
posting)

Hi,

The distributors say in their info that they are suitable for use
without an expansion vessel, where the inlet water pressure does not
exceed 6bar/88psi, and the expanded water can be accommodated by the
pipework.

They then specify in turn that there should be a minimum of 9' of
pipework for the 10L model between the inlet and any non return valve
on the supply, to accomodate expanded water.

The pressure release valve is meant as a safety valve and must be
installed into a tee on the cold water supply pipework. The one I had
supplied is 6 bar and with 2 1/2" BSP female connections, one as an
overflow.

It's pretty easy to install, it comes with a mounting plate it slots
onto. The connections can do with some boss white or similar goo as
PTFE tape doesn't quite cut it.

I bought it from Screwfix but it's distributed by Harlequin Products,
contact details as follows:

http://www.applegate.co.uk/engineering/company/co_1177040.htm

cheers,
Pete.