none

On 6 May 2005 11:19:23 -0700, "dean" wrote:

Ok several times now I have bought a pumpable garden sprayer, and it
works fine one year, but the next the pump action is all stiff and
siezed. What should I lubridate the thing with? Its really annoying!
Not sure if I can use a spray oil or not.

Thanks

Dean

As the rest said... wash it out and put some water in top of pump,
pump it a few times to clean any chemicals.

I buy the cheap 1 gallon sprayers and label each as to contents EVEN
if I empty and clean after each use. Ya' don't want round up in the
one you spray roses with.. even a trace amount. This way if I made up
too much spray, I can release pressure and leave stored if I'm pretty
sure I'm going to use again within 30-60 days..

Usually in the spring I have to assemble the sprayer with water in the
tank, put a little water in top of pump under handle, then start
pumping...

These cheap $10 sprayers seem to last as well as the more expensive
ones.. and I don't mind putting bleach solutions in them as I never
would the more expensive sprayers.. I have 4 which have worked great
for the past 5 years even with the bleach in one.. 409 concentrate in
another etc.. (with bleach I use all, rinse, flush after each use)
Chuck