jdk

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Purple Moose" wrote in message

Conventional wisdom seems to be that steel is stronger (more secure) and
less likely to warp with weather but fiberglass looks better. I'm
wondering
which holds up against the beating sun better. My concern over fiberglass
is sort of the same as my experience with boats -- you have to keep em
waxed and covered or the fiberglass dies quickly.

You paint the fiberglass so it needs no special treatment that a painted
door would not have.

Steel doors cannot be painted dark colors if they face the sun. I don't
know about fiberglass. My son painted his metal door a dark green and
behind the storm door it would get hot enough to burn you. My white steel
door does not have that problem

Have you checked the Masonite web page? They have some nice doors.

most new steel doors recommend not to use a storm door. i have one that
faces north no sun. i also crack the glass open(storm door) a little at
the top.