Ian Stirling

Kevin Smith wrote:
Dear All,

I am painting some bathroom tiles in my newly aquired first home :-)
This is my first big DIY project and I am after some advice. I am using
Ronseal tile primer with the intention of going for gloss over the top, I
was advised this was the way to go after I could not find a tile paint in
the colour I liked. I am concerned however that even though the pot says you
do not get brush lines, I am getting brush lines. I am not a proud man so I
am assuming that there is either a problem with my preparation, choice of
materials or my technique.Any expert tips out there so I can ensure I get a
decent finish to my first major DIY job? Apologies if this is a novice or
desperate question but the future of my love life may depend on it, I sorta
'bigged up' my DIY skills to the other half LOL :-$

Are you using a quality brush, not one out of the 99p bin?
IMO, painting tile looks horrible, and I'd always retile.
But that's me.