Bill

Default Small praise for big performance (Beal buffing system)

Yesterday I bought the Beal buffing system for lathe mounting and buffed a
few items that looked 'okay' but that I wanted to REALLY shine. After a
quick assembly and initial fooling around with the lint and charging the
wheels, I started experimenting with the first bowl.

It had been soaked in walnut oil, finished with oil-based urethane from
Woodcraft and then sanded up all the MM grits to 12,000. It still looked
more satiny than shiny to me.

Not anymore ... that box elder is so shiny now it glows in the dark!
Everyone who has handled it has commented on its silky feel. The guys want
to know how many coats of varnish it took to get it so smooth. So I tell
'em ... 15. They are very impressed.

Just wanted to chime in with a positive report. The system cost too much
money ... but it's worth it.

Bill