Ralph Mowery

"Eric and Megan Swope" wrote in message
news:azqfe.2136$14.1798@trndny03...
Thanks guys. I got the screw out, that was the "easy" part. I inserted

the
hex key, like the directions said and hit is sharply in a counterclockwise
direction. This is where I am not quite sure what they mean. They said

use
a mallet. The only mallet I have is a rubber mallet? Is this the same
thing, or do they mean something different? Could I use a regular hammer

strike the hex key? Thanks again.

Make sure you turn the chuck in the opposit direction of a normal drill.
YOu can use the hammer. The rubber mallet will soften the blow too much.
You want to make a very sharp hit on the hex key. Make sure you insert the
short end of the key in the chuck as you want to hit the long end near the
end to get the most enegery transferred to the chuck.