Greg O

"Eric and Megan Swope" wrote in message
news:PZpfe.2134$14.990@trndny03...
Hi everyone. I am trying to remove the keyless chuck from my 19.2 volt
craftsman cordless drill. I have followed the directions in the manual,
which said to insert a 5/16 inch or larger hex key (I used 3/8") and tap
sharply in a counterclockwise direction with a mallet. It then said that
it should be removable by hand. After doing this for 45 minutes, it still
won't come off. I even used some Kroil where the chuck and spindle meet,
no luck. Are there any tricks that I haven't used yet to try and get the
chuck off? Thanks.
Eric

Open the chuck all the way and look inside, there should be a screw at the
bottom that you need to remove first. CAUTION!! this screw is left hand
thread, turn CLOCKWISE to loosen. Then go back to the allen wrench and
hammer routine!
Greg