Eric and Megan Swope

Default removing keyless chuck

Hi everyone. I am trying to remove the keyless chuck from my 19.2 volt
craftsman cordless drill. I have followed the directions in the manual,
which said to insert a 5/16 inch or larger hex key (I used 3/8") and tap
sharply in a counterclockwise direction with a mallet. It then said that it
should be removable by hand. After doing this for 45 minutes, it still
won't come off. I even used some Kroil where the chuck and spindle meet, no
luck. Are there any tricks that I haven't used yet to try and get the chuck
off? Thanks.
Eric