Duane Bozarth

Mark & Juanita wrote:
As I indicated, this person wasn't a programmer, he was an algorithm
developer. Completely different talent and skillset altogether. While
some good algorithm developers are good programmers, there are fewer good
programmers who are good algorithm designers. Typical development cycle
consists of the algorithm developer developing the concept and testing it
(hence the need for them to be able to do some level of coding),
implementation then follows. Typical implementation is on a different
platform and environment altogether than the proof of concept code.

Atypical environment in my experience...sounds like a good
environment, but certainly not the prevelant one...