Tim Douglass

On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:11:12 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

When we transitioned from doing algorithm development in Fortran to C,
one of our more senior alg developers finally acquiesced and decided he
could live with using C when he found the GOTO statement.

Absolutely brilliant algorithm developer, you just didn't want to have to
be the one who had to figure out what his code was doing.

When I was managing programmers I used to get rid of those sorts. No
amount of brilliance was worth the pain down the road. I think C tends
to bring out those kinds more than other languages, but they show up
everywhere. It is that mentality that explains a lot of the garbage
running on our systems now.

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com