I think it depends on who uses it. I see that all the time in my line
of work. Some seem to think that if a famous woodworker uses a tool
that a similar amount of competence will be transferred to them by
purchasing a tool.

That said, I also think that if a quality tool is not promoted through
channels properly it doesn't have a chance. With the prices of all the
tools in woodworking these days no one wants to be the first to jump.
We all feel a little safer in the water if we can see some swimmers
that were out there first.

Another aspect is this: I have a friend of mine that is a hobby
woodworker, and he only buys a tool if I have it. He has the same
routers, drills, saws, table saws, drill press, etc. That way he feels
like if anything goes wrong with it he can call me for a fix. Or if
there is something he cannot figure out his own he knows I know the
tools well enough to give him phone help.

Warranties/product durability are key for me. I couldn't give a crap
about color or name. My shop and truck box looks like the inside of a
Tim Burton movie. Lots of different colors. If I see a tool that is
similarly priced, but I know no matter what the written policy is, they
don't back their tools, I don't buy that product, even if it works
better for the task.

Just my opinions of course.

Robert