Harold and Susan Vordos

"Two and a Half" wrote in message
Hi

I am in need of some advice for cleaning copper. I have used a vinegar and
lemon juice solution but it seems to leave a slight discolouration on the
copper and as well as smelling a bit rank it still requires some removal

of
the surface debris by hand. I have heard that hydrochloric acid is a

better
solution to use but I have no idea what percentage strength it would have

be or if there are any other better solutions available to buy and/or mix.

Any advice would be appreciated

Craig
www.twoandahalf.co.uk

Along with Tim's excellent advice, one can clean copper with dilute sulfuric
acid as well. It, too, dissolves oxides of copper, but not the copper
itself. Great care must be used so you don't destroy things with the acid.
It's not as forgiving as HCL. Only copper can be inserted, not brass, or
anything ferrous.

Harold