tdirodis

Just a follow-up and a thank you to everyone who responded to my
original question/concern. Everything turned out OK in that the seller
agreed to fix all disputed items. I signed the papers yesterday. This
is my first home and I learned a lot. I actually ended up paying
$1000.00 less than the closing cost listed on the GFE. I think it came
down to really getting to know my broker and real estate agent. Of
course I may have just been lucky and met people that were actually
looking out for my best interest. Ya, I realize that some of you may
think that's a very gullible thing to say, but the proof is in the
final outcome. In terms of the inspection period question, I think my
agent learned a valuable lesson in that whether he's' representing a
first-time home buyer or a seasoned home buyer that he shouldn't assume
anything in terms of what they may or may not understand. Thanks again
to everyone who took the time to give me their two-cents worth.