Stuart Noble

"Rick" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 May 2005 21:39:19 +0000 (UTC), Dave
wrote:

I've always been unsure about when to use the different types of sand.
Obviously it's sharp sand for screed and builders sand for bricklaying
mortar but can someone tell me why? I'm about to bed a shower tray with
mortar (per manufacturers instructions) but can't decide whether to use
sharp sand or builders sand - ?

Dave

Have you come accross "washed sand" yet ?

Yeah, I washed some building sand the other day. What stayed suspended in
the water was a surprisingly large amount of something called limonite,
which is a kind of clay tinted with yellow oxide.

It has removed 5074 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!