Patriarch

"LIWoodworker" wrote in
oups.com:

In doing some research, I came upon an item called a CONFIRMAT. Anyone
familiar with these?

The router table is 1 1/8" thick. I don't want to go all the way
through, so I guess I'd be looking for something about 3/4" to 1" long.

And from the looks of them, I'm guessing you need to pre-drill.

Are these good for MDF?

Do you think I would find them at the Home Depot?

Thanks Again!! :-)

Rockler has the Confirmat fasteners, and they are designed for composite
materials. A good, independent hardware store may sell them (they do in my
neighborhood). I've never looked for them at the Borg.

Pan head sheet metal screws in size 10 or 12 may work pretty well for what
you're trying to do, too. The Confirmats are really for edge joinery. All
you need to do is give gravity an assist, and resist sliding around on the
stand.

My $.02.

Patriarch