BobS

You could drill and tap for 1/4" x 20tpi machine thread bolts. Drill the
pilot hole (~3/4" deep) of the correct size (minor dia of tap) and after
tapping the MDF, use some CA glue (super-glue) to coat and hardened the
threads. After it dries, the bolt will stay.

You could also use the threaded brass inserts. They have a course outer
thread for grabbing into the wood/MDF or the press in type and then have a
machine thread that your bolt would thread into. You would need a small
Forstner bit (1/2") to drill the hole about 3/4" deep for the brass insert.
Only problem with the screw in type is that when you insert them into MDF
they have a tendency to bulge the area since the displaced material has to
go some place. I prefer the press in type. I just coat the hole with a thin
coat of epoxy and press in the insert. These inserts have ridges that bite
into the wood/MDF so they won't twist when you're installing the bolt.

Rockler sells the inserts and you can probably find them at the borgs

http://tinyurl.com/cum2m

Bob S.

"LIWoodworker" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Folks,

I just purchased the Rockler Large Plate Router Table with the Steel
Table Leg Stand.

The quality appears to be very good, however I did not find any
assembly instructions in the box. :-(

I put the stand together -- that was easy enough -- but now I want to
attach the table to the stand and I am not sure how.

I have no directions and no hardware.

I'm guessing I should screw the table to the stand from underneath.
However, I believe the table is made from MDF, and I have heard that
MDF does not hold screws well.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Here are links to the table and the stand -

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...rings_id=10593

http://www.rockler.com/findit.cfm?page=10276

THANKS & HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND! :-)