Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 27 May 2005 15:54:33 -0700, s wrote:

On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:35:51 GMT, "Beej-in-GA"
wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
. ..
.
100 people, avg IQ of 80 = mob IQ = 0.8: about the IQ of a reasonably
smart rock or the required IQ to actually enjoy rap music. ;-)

I am sorry to pick nits here, but by definition music has both rhythm and
melody.

the best definition of music I've seen is "an arrangement on notes in
time"

Rap may have have rhythm that point is debateable, but it lacks
melody. Therefore, the words Rap and Music, when used to describe an "art
form" whose practitioners and "performers" are judged more by their body
count and arrest record than by their talent, are mutually exclusive. Or
put more succinctly: Rap is crap!

your (racial/ cultural/ class) bias is showing...

Just because everyone exclaims how wonderful and resplendant the king's
clothes are, doesn't hide the fact that he is naked. Neither then by
attempting to wrap some kind of aura of "culture" or "ethnicity" or "social
standing" around a form of behavior that is then promoted as entertainment,
despite the fact that numerous people clamor and buy it, does that make it
so. What's doubly frustrating is the fact that those who point out the
nudity are then accused of some sort of failing on their part.