Leif Thorvaldson

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 97.136...
As I explore the joys of turning, I'm learning a lot. Thanks, folks, for
all of the experience, and opinion, that you share so freely.

Power sanding:

I'm confused as to where to proceed. The catalogs have their usual
bewildering array, and while they certainly wish me no active ill will,
their express purpose in life is to melt down my Amex card. ;-)

Inertial sanders. Air powers dual action sanders. Electric angle
sanders.
Wave discs. Foam backed pads. So many competing choices!

I've got a new Jet 1442, having retired the Shopsmith to 'other, less
stressful duties'. (OK, there are a bunch of boxes piled on top of it in
the shed right now.) I've been turning salad-style bowls in the 10"-14"
range, in dry cabinet-style woods, because I have access to some free - to
- cheap offcuts up to 12/4. I've started on some green wood turning, but
that goes slowly, primarily due to stock prep and storage right now. (I
know that once I get rolling, that may change.)

So what should I try next?

Patriarch

There's an excellent article on sanding bowls in the latest edition of the
AAW magazine. Hope you have joined! Lots of good tips for everyone and
dazzling displays of what our fellow turners are producing. When I get my
copy, I skip over those as otherwise I just retreat to a closet and cry! *G*

Leif