Alan

In message , cs
wrote

In a previous posting a month or so ago I mentioned my brand new Barratt
house where I had three leaks in just over a year. What kind of plumbing
had Barratt installed? The kind of white plastic with push fittings, at
least a hundred on them on three bathrooms and the central heating. The
fittings are alleged (by the manufacturer) to last at least 20 years,
but I allege that a hundred push fittings on plastic pipes in a house is
a recipe for disaster. Plastic pipes - probably OK, it's the joins that
are going to pop.

Push fitting allow the unskilled labourer to complete the plumbing in a
cost effective way - the Barratt way..

--
Alan