Jason D.

Default RCA DTV306/307 60" picture cuts out.

This DTV307 60" unit is hell to transport and is located nearly 30
minutes drive from our shop out in country and is a big-time dog now.
Original compliant was botchy picture traced to a spotty CRT, changed
that. Unfortunely had to change all other two CRTs to stop the
picture cutting out and ability to adjust TV to specs because TV
already had long hours on it that CRTs had aged quite much so had to
change all just to get it adjusted at all and hoped to stop that
shutting down problem. The HV divider already replaced when we
replaced CRTs.

Shutting down or cutting out is either picture instantly winks out,
sometimes had to power cycle tv by pressing button, in extreme case
had to pull plug. No strange noises or fizzing smell.

But customer still complains TV is doing same shutdowns when customer
reset the picture settings to defaults, which setting that stops that
problem is unknown because customer have not called back with reply to
our questions.

There is no bulletin on this particular problem. Any thing to look
at, and this will be very diffcult to transport TV back to our already
crowded shop. Sigh. Really NEED the tips very badly.

Cheers, Wizard