Philip Stokes

In message , Dave
writes
I'm thinking of using mermaid shower panels in the new bathroom, has
anyone had any experience? where's the cheapest place to buy?

Yes, I lined our en-suite shower room with them about 5 years ago,
including the shower cubicle. Still look as good as the day they were
installed. I fitted them myself, including the aluminium extrusions, and
was very careful to ensure that all joints were completely filled with
mastic as per the fitting instructions. I used Bodyline PU sealant in
the joints rather than Sikaflex as recommended by Mermaid, simply
because the Bodyline range is about half the price of Sikaflex, bought
trade from a local motor factors.

As for the cheapest supplier, ISTR I got a brochure from Mermaid with a
list of local suppliers, and phoned round to get the best price. I got
the wall panels from a local Bathroom and Plumbing centre, but I also
bought some of the Mermaid ceiling panels for another project, and they
were cheaper from Travis Perkins.

Overall, very pleased with them, but they're not cheap!

Phil