GoodFeeling

New information: If I replace R432 and turn on the TV, it wont smoke... as
soon as I try to turn it off, the screen dims and R432 starts to get hot and
will smoke.

"GoodFeeling" wrote in message
Replaced STR30130, still toasts R431...

"RonKZ650" wrote in message
ups.com...
Q400 is the one that sits right next to the IC, make sure it's not bad,
which is possible. If it's good then I think your regulator STR30130 is
bad. A burnt 1k resistor to pin 2 should turn off the IC, so if it's
still putting voltage out on pin 4 it's bad it looks like from my
perspective. The way it works is the input voltage (pin 3) stays a
constant aprox 150-160vdc regardless of whether the set is on or off.
Pin 2 is your on/off control, it sits around 15v when set is off along
with the output on pin 4. When pin 2 is turned high when the set is
turned on, pin 4 follows and outputs your 130v supply.