Charles Spitzer

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello and Thanks for looking at this question!

I had to move my fuel oil tank for basement repairs, and the 2"
steel fuel line pipe(8" nipple) was cut. The tank is very old and I'm
leary of twisting out the cut pieces and replacing a new nipple, mainly
because I'd have to thread the bottom in deeper than it is now to
thread it into the top elbow piece.
Anyway,,,,,Can I use somekind of PVC tubing and just slide it
over the 2 cut pipe pieces and use some special cement glue to seal it
??
Any help on the matter would be most appreciated. I'd like to
get this squared away soon so I can refill the tank while the oil
prices are lower this summer.

Thanks in advance................jesse

no. fix it correctly by replacing the pipe.