Richard S. Shuford

Default cursor positioning control sequence

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Joe Silagi joesi*wrq.com wrote:

| You mean, instead of Escape or CSI, the sequence starts with Control-Y?
|
| Yes. The sequence starts with a control Y followed by the row/column
| parameters. it's from a very old POS system called rexon. I'm not
| sure if it is it's own emulation, or something else like an old Wyse
| or Televideo emulation. so far I haven't found a match.

Hmm. That is strange. Have you grepped through Eric Raymond's termcap
and terminfo compilations, to see if any terminal supported there matches
such a sequence?

Another thought: Can your trust your source that asserts the existence
of a terminal having such a sequence? (The ultimate proof would be a
serial-line-analyser trace of real output data from the "Rexon"
containing this Control-Y sequence.)

Another thought: a POS system is probably not targeted to an 80x24
format display. It could be a proprietary sequence of some industrial
LCD display controller. You might have to research the application
notes of semiconductor houses which have made chips to control LCDs.

...RSS

--
K.L. says to try http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/herb/r.php
which, however, contains no caffeine.