wanderer

Default Lights dimming

On Thu, 6 May 2004 21:31:29 +0100, Can2002 wrote:

Problem is, although it's quite a fluctuation it's still within the
limits so they won't be overly bothered.

You were right, although I was fairly impressed as they were willing to make
an appointment if I really wanted to. I decided to hold off for now.

Don't be put off by the comments about it being within limits. The
supply voltage can be as low as 216volts, but what you are experiencing
is a step change in the voltage giving rise to flickering lights. There
is a statutory limit on the size of this step change. I can't remember
what the figures are now, been out of the industry too long.

It won't cost you anything for the leccy company to check the supply
voltage, in your position I'd get 'em to check.