Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Doug Miller wrote:
In article m, "Baron"
wrote:
If you are refinishing an antique to look like a brand new piece of
furniture, then you should do the same to the brasses.

Man, I gotta quit reading the wreck before the coffee kicks in. I read the
title of the thread as "Would you restore brassieres?" shakes head

May I refer you to a thread several years ago in 'alt.home.automation'
Where somebody posted a request about a "bar code reader", and managed
to transpose the last two letters of the first word. The ensuing 60+
messages are _quite_ humorous. Including the guy who opined that such
a gizmo would be a mis-application of technology, that this was one of
those situations where it was 'far preferable' to do it manually.