Charlie Self

David F. Eisan wrote:
Hello everyone,

I managed to get the adaptor plates made and installed for the DeWALT
sliding table last night,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/adptfront.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/adpback.jpg

I bought two pieces of 1/4" thick, 2-1/2" wide by 24" long aluminium flat
stock. I measured down 7/16 from the top edge of the Unisaw cast iron top
and clamped them in place. I marked for three holes and then drilled through
the aluminium on my drill press with a 5/16" bit. The three holes then were
countersunk with a 5/8" countersink so the cap head screws would sit flush
with the plate when installed. I clamped the plates back in place on the saw
and marked my holes front and back on the Unisaw table edge. I drilled the
cast iron table edge with a 3/8" bit to give me a little wiggle room when
installing the adaptor plate. With the adaptor plate installed, I clamped
the DeWALT sliding table brackets in place behind the adaptor plate, flush
under Unisaw table edge and marked the holes from behind. I removed the
aluminium adaptor plates, drilled 5/16" holes on my marks and again
countersunk with a 5/8" countersink.

I reinstalled the adaptor plates to the Unisaw table edge and also bolted
the DeWALT sliding table brackets to the adaptor plates. Everything lined up
bolted together very well.

Next I installed the General T-Square (Biesemeyer) fence. Pretty strait
forward, I have lost count of how many I have installed, in fact, I had
installed one on a Unisaw earlier in the day at a local high school. Nothing
exciting here, Mark some holes and drill them. I did have to cut about 12"
off of both front and rear fence rails to allow them to clear the sliding
table.

Fence rails installed,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/frontrail.jpg

Shot of under the front of the table,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/boltsfront.jpg

You can see how the aluminium adaptor plate I made allows the DeWALT sliding
table support rail to be directly under and flush with the front edge of the
cast iron table.

Here I have stuffed a 3/4" thick piece of MDF in the mitre slot and I am
running a dial indicator back and fourth to check that the sliding table is
parallel to the mitre slot,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/aligntable.jpg

Yawn, bashing together a filler box to fit between the front and back fence
rails. Made with 5/8" melamine and 3/4" Baltic birch plywood. High end
joinery with pocket screws,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/fillerbox.jpg

I installed the filler box and added the table legs.

Here is the saw almost done,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/almost1.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/almost2.jpg

All I need to do now is install the switch and make a few more fine
adjustments.

For the full horror, here is part 1 of the rebuild,

http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.wo...dd70b7cc8b8153

And part 2,

http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.wo...05bd8b1d42ef6d

You done good. I'm jealous.