BobS

alt.home.repair may have some better answers but meanwhile, contact the
contractor, show him the floor and say "fix it".

Bob S.

"smig" wrote in message
newsuvle.885$zb.288@trndny06...
A contractor who evidently had no idea what he was doing did something
terribly wrong when he refinished my wood floors in my apartment. We asked
for a white finish -- I don't know what the "pickled" part of the
description means since no brine was involved (bad attempt at humor) --
and wound up with something that was white when we paid the man but turned
yellow in many areas shortly thereafter. I believe the fellow used the
wrong kind of urethane finish.

Is there anyway to salvage this without starting all over again? Heck,
I'd be happy if I could just address the exposed areas between rugs and
furniture to start with.

Thanks in advance!
-Gene