RogerN

Default OT- Utilities, Antivirus & spam

I'm looking for recommendations for Antivirus and Spam elimination (or
reduction) software. I find plenty out there but would like to hear from
users instead of the advertisments and claims made on the box. Any
favorites?

Also, I use a dial up connection on my desktop computer and have a wireless
network to my laptop. Any recommendations on proxy server software? I have
it working now with the Default Gateway but have no control of hanging up or
dialing from the laptop. I wish I could just "Share" the modem like you
would a drive or printer. I tried windows internet connection sharing a few
times and when it did work, it would dial the internet when no one was
operating the computer. (I'm guessing some software (adobe, real player,
quicktime) was trying to check for updates. Wish I could sue Microsoft for
making my computer do things I never requested or gave permission for it to
do.