lionslair at consolidated dot net

Grady wrote:
To get over 50 amp device in a plug or receptacle, you are going to have to
use a pin and sleeve style industrial device. We just jumped into the few
hundred dollar range now. Why not just hard wire it to a fused disconnect
switch and be done with it?

"Bob AZ" wrote in message
ups.com...

From years of experience let me say this. Most plugs are worthless at

continuous rated service and right along with this most plugs are junk.
There are some good ones but to be safe never count on more than 50%
using rating. Especially for continuous service. The best of them fit
well and this is apparent when you use them. Along with all this you
need good receptacles and preferably the same barnd. Hubbell and
better. Twice the money almost everytime. For 50 Amps I would uese 100
Amp rated plugs and if not the largest rating you can afford and have
space for. Especially for motors and other inductive loads.

Bob AZ

I've used 300 Amp in line Hubble three phase 5 wire connectors. You have to
eat good to carry more than one around. Lots of copper!
One end was hard wired into the panel (code).
(That was 300 amps per leg!) - the wire - It was a troubling concept but it
taught us to be different designers.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn