John Rumm

Philip Wag staff wrote:

We're having a power shower installed; ie shower with a pump 1.5 atmospheres
I think. We want copper pipes. The plumber urges us to use white plastic (I
do not know what type) pipes because he says it reduces the number of
connections which, he says, will inevitably leak Does he have a point?
We'd appreciate knowledgeable comments/advice.

No harm is using plastic, but your plumber is talking out of an orifice
other than his mouth regarding copper!

Mains pressure hot or cold water is typically going to be over 3 bar
(aka atmospheres), so the output pressure of your pump is not
particularly high in comparison, copper pipe seems to have been able to
handle mains pressure water for many years without any leakage problems.

--
Cheers,

John.