Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

Default Laptop motherboard fixes with pressure

In article .net,
says...

snippety

I've run the mboard out of the case with just power, and pressed,
squeezed,etc. without any hint of what I'm looking for. I've examined it with
a glass looking for cracked board and/or traces, separating solder joints,
the obvious. It does still fail out of the case, so this isn't a
short-to-case issue.

Any ideas what else this might be? Do ASICS and other ICs fail (internally)
in this mode?

Remember that any modern computer motherboard is going to have a
bare minimum of four layers. Most have six, and I've even heard of a few
that have eight or ten.

It sounds to me like the board you're working with may have
developed a hairline crack somewhere. Short of inspection with high-end
ultrasonic or X-ray equipment (which probably costs more than you, me,
and my wife make together in a year), I really doubt you're going to
find the problem, much less be able to fix it.

Time for a replacement motherboard.

Happy hunting.

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm --
www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"