Leon

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Leon wrote:

You don't ever have to...as the info posted from the USPS stated,
any unsolicited material is not encumbent upon the recipient in any
regard by law. You can trash it or simply write "Refused" or other
indication on it and leave it for the mailman. If somebody else takes
it instead, no problem.

Yes this is true but I get a LOT of this kind of stuff and much of it I do
order. I am therefore obligated to pay for it. If I have a bunch of bogus
products being sent to me such as this book and I have to cull through which
really needs to be paid and which does not this becomes a nuisance to me.
This is an old vendor trick played on many businesses. Send a company your
product although they did not order it and maybe they will pay for it.
While in the automotive business I often had products sent to me that I did
not order. No packing slip but the main office would receive the bill.
Fortunately our office was on the ball and matched a packing slip to EVERY
bill. Believe it or not many businesses simply pay the bill. It is
marketing at its sleaziest IMHO.