LRod

On Thu, 26 May 2005 21:16:16 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

"Brian Siano" wrote in message

Then they showed a lawn mower with a switch for the blades, enabling the
user to stop the blades when the thing runs over a sidewalk. Not a bad
safety feature... but when I cut my lawn years ago, I'd simply tilt the
thing back so the blade lifted away from the concrete.

An idiot make up that commercial. I have a Honda lawn mower that I bought
in 1987 and it still runs like new. My 18 year old Honda mower has that
same feature.

I was going to say the same thing, except I think mine dates to 1979
or so.

The blade brake feature is intended for you to be able to walk away from
the mower with out having to restart the motor when you return.

Salesman told me it was like a dead-man's switch. CPSC mandate, or
something. Probably for the guy who trimmed his hedges with the
mower...

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net