Edwin Pawlowski

"A.J. Hamler" wrote in message
recipient to engage the service. Those who choose not to engage the
service (that is, receive more books) do not owe anything. That is why
the follow-up letters from WWJ are not invoices, not bills, and not
dunning letters. They fact that you interpret them to be so, does not
make them so. They are what they a marketing offers.

But they sure as hell look like an invoice. I don't have mine any more or
I'd scan it and post it to get other's (and your)opinions. Just like junk
mail that comes in plain brown official looking government envelopes, people
can get confused. If I get a third one, I'll post it and then we'll pick it
apart together. While perfectly legal, I see this sort of thing frequently
in the commercial sector too.

These types of campaigns
make far more money than they lose. In other words, the fact that they
do MAKE money means that they -- the marketers of such items -- LOSE
nothing, and therefore do not have to pass on the costs of those loses
to others.

A.J.

I'm sure if they lost, they stop the practice. We are just expressing our
opinions of it.

BTW, in case you missed my other post., I did hear from Woodworker's Journal
about the subscription rates. It was clearly explained (that is all I
asked) and I got a very fair deal. I'll probably renew again next time it
comes up. They did take the time to reply and that is appreciated. I've
had crow for dinner before and may have some more. Important thing is they
did clarify.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/