Richard Savage

Default Flushing a CH system

blah wrote:

What part of the country do you live in Richard, who should we look out
for?

Who are you using instead? Plumbers are like gold dust!

I live in Sevenoaks, Kent but my ex-plumber is closer to SE London. I
rather not 'broadcast' names, if anyone says to me is X any good I can
truthfully, and without fear of action, describe my experiences. To be
fair, he installed an adequate, if a little old fashioned in design, CH
system. What he neglected to do was add an inhibitor and fix my Suprima
100 when it started to suffer from intermittant lock-out problems.

If I was installing from scratch I would look at splitting each floor
into a separate zone and at the very least fitting a high recovery HW
tank or even one of those systems where the boiler heats all the water
in the HW tank and the cold main runs through a coil in the tank
straight to the taps, rather than stroing hot water as happens now.

Talking to neighbours and plumbers merchants; the firm most often
mentioned as being consistently good is Geers. Haven't needed to call
on them yet tho'! They did turn out in very short order (i.e. a few
hours) to my neighbour who's son was dieing from Leukaeimia (I know that
is an exceptional case but . . . )

Cheers Richard