Paul R

The Bath Panel manufacturer I am about to install suggested velcro - so that
is the route I am taking.

Paul R

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all,
Bathroom is progressing quite well but I now have a problem that I
know you guys will be able to help with. We decided that for the bath
panels, we will used plywood covered with ceramic tiles to match the
rest of the bathroom.
First question: What thickness of ply should I use. I already have
a full 8x4 sheet of 6mm ply but I'm worried there might be a little too
much flex in this to affix tiles to.
Second question: What's the best way of fixing the panels to the
bath in a way that they can be removed in case of servicing later on ?

For info, the bath is a whirlpool bath so there is a greater
possibility of servicing being required than perhaps on a normal bath.

We have built a timber frame all around the bath so there is
effectively a 100mm shelf all the way around the bath. This too will
be covered in ply & tiles. The timber frame has then been pushed into
a corner and then the bath has been plumbed in/out. Obviously we can
screw into the timber frame and then cap the screws but is there are
more aesthetically pleasing method incorporating some kind of hidden
fixings that we might be able to use? If anyone canot make sense of my
description, page 21 of the current Topps Tiles catalogue shows a
similar effect to the one we are trying to achieve.

Thanks.

Kevin.